Treatment for athletes is not only about reducing pain, in many cases it is part of a maintenance program, enabling the body to perform at it’s best. When the body is in alignment the active person will notice:
- Improved Biomechanical Function & Performance
- Improved Flexibility & Reduced Tightness
- Improved Recovery Times
- Increased Energy Levels
- Reduces Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS)
- Reduction in Injuries
Want a competitive edge over your rivals?
Muscular imbalances can not only cause pain but often just present as tightness of the joints or muscles.
If the body is out of alignment due to muscular imbalances muscles are left in a lengthened or shortened state, meaning joints and nerves are compressed. This can stop you from getting the best performance out of your body.
If your body is in an unbalanced state:
- your muscles, joints and nerves don’t work to their potential,
- you will require more energy to move,
- your range of movement is often compromised affecting your performance.
Athletes often suffer from unnecessary high levels of Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) and longer recovery times. In addition, your body is more prone to injury and repeat injuries which have an effect on their training schedule and level of competitiveness.
By rebalancing the body patients often comment on their ability to:
- return to a full training schedule relatively quickly,
- Increased energy levels
- reduced DOMS and
- reduced injury rate in the future.
We often hear they don’t pull up as sore and just feel good during and after events. Make sure you are getting the best out of your body and call us today.